I looove jalapeno poppers, however the past year or so I’ve stopped enjoying deep fried foods (minus a certain restaurants mushrooms, mmmm), which lead to needing to find something else.
I had seen a recipe a while ago about roasted jalapenos, but it was full of stuff I didn’t particularly care for outside of the idea of jalapeno poppers, so I decided to take the idea of roasting, and adapt to ingredients I actually like.
- 10 jalapenos; halved & seeded
- 1 c. sharp cheddar, shredded
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- 1 pkg. (8 0z) cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 dill springs, minced
- 3 chive springs, minced
- 2 tsp. ranch dressing mix
- salt & pepper to taste
- Slice jalapenos in half and remove seeds. Lay flat on baking sheet, (if they won’t lay flat on their own, just shave a bit off the bottom to flatten them)
- Mix all ingredients (minus peppers) well in a large bowl.
- Stuff (in heaping amounts of course) mix into the pepper halves
- Bake at 425 for about 20-25 minutes, until stuffing begins to bubble and brown slightly.
- Remove, serve warm.
I ate them on buttered jasmine rice, which was absolutely delicious! They’re also good without anything at all if you prefer.
Also, if it sounds good, but you don’t want the spice of jalapenos, you can use sweet peppers. I had a few I had bought just to snack on and figured I’d give it a shot, they were pretty good.