These DIY rag wreaths are super colorful, cute and easy to make. They add a pretty, fun touch of Easter or spring to any home decor.
I will be honest with you, it’s not a 15 minute deal, they take a little bit of time to get done, but I find them pretty relaxing and a little addictive.
- 18 inch wreath wire (I’ve also seen where people use wire hangers. I feel like they’d get bent too easily if you store them, plus I didn’t own any so…)
- 2 yards of your choice in fabric. Cut into 6-8 inch long x 1 inch wide strips
- Choice of ribbon for bow.
- Twine (or other choice of string).
- Any decorative additions of your choice. I used some fake Easter eggs, twine and a decorative sign I tore apart to get the letters “spring” and the bunny face.
- Hot glue gun and GOOD scissors.
- Prepare your fabric. I recommend getting a few different colors (I used 5. Pastel pink, yellow, green, blue and purple). Cut them into at least 6 – 8 inch long and 1 inch wide strips.
- Fold length wise and then in half. Tuck folded side under the wire of the wreath wire, creating a loop on the other side. Pull the lose ends through the loop tightly and securely. Push to the side and repeat.
- Keep repeating this step until your wreath is full and beautiful!
- Tie twine or other string to bottom wire of the wreath and cut at varying lengths.
Other DIY Rag Wreaths
Rag wreaths are super cute for any occasion. They’re easy, festive and affordable to create. You can use variations of reds and greens, or toss in some white for Christmas. Red, white and blue for 4th of July. You can do sports colors, school colors, etc. There are tons of variations and options to get your creativity on and spruce up your doorways all year long!