Lexie at Mommy Home Manager recently challenged me to list 10 things that make me happy. I love the idea of this challenge, it’s so easy to get lost in the chaos around us we forget happiness and push aside things that make us, well us. So, here it is, 10 things in no particular order that make me happy!
- Morning Coffee. Since I wake up and head straight to work, I don’t get to sit down and sip my coffee in the morning. This is a little slice of bliss I love to enjoy before the kids wake up, whether on my porch or in my comfy chair, writing, reading blogs, painting – whatever… but it is sooo wonderful when I get the chance to do it.
- Travel & Adventure. Whether near or far, I love a good adventure. From planning, not so much packing, to the trip and the grit. The sweet freedom is such a rush that I crave more and more with each trip we take.
- A Clean House. Call me a crazy lady, but I can’t rest if the house is a mess. When everything is picked up, organized and spotless, it is so comforting and relaxing. It’s like a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders and I can breathe again. (And I’m not the crazy mom screaming at my kids because I stepped on another toy I asked them to pick up two days ago, yet….)
- Farmer’s Markets. Yes, they make me happy. Meandering through the tables and vendors, finding new things and that homey feeling you don’t get while shopping anywhere else. It’s simply wonderful.
- Baseball Season. As much as I may complain about the schedules, I love baseball season. My kids are happy, we’re out doing stuff and busy. It gets hectic, but I love seeing them passionate and putting all of their heart and hard work into something.
- Creativity. Photography, blogging, crafting, whatever get my creative juices flowing. But also seeing other peoples creativity show as well.
- Being Outside. Fresh air is the best air. Hiking, the beach, snowshoeing, gardening, building, whatever gets us outside!
- No Destination Drives. With my music cranked and endless miles of twists, turns and hills to let my mind wander and my heart to soar. While I despise the errand runs, there are a few roads that are perfect for a long drive to clear your head.
- Summer. Because 8 of our 12 months are cold, miserable and snowing/raining. Summer makes me happy!
- My Family. Last but totally not least, despite how frustrating days can be, in the end I am so proud of my family – the people my children are becoming, their successes and achievements, adventures, and snuggly movie nights. This is true bliss.
This list really could go on and on, but it won’t. Now, I challenge these 10 bloggers to write a post about 10 things that make them happy! Ready, and go! Don’t forget to come back and drop your link so I can see yours too and tag 10 more fabulous bloggers!
Aimie at Blissful Lemon
Elvi at One Yellow Gallery
Vicki at Ready Set Retire
Ellen at If It Brings You Joy
Alexandria at The Cloud Traveler
Whitney at Whit ‘n’ Whimsy
Augusta at Fur the Love of Dogs
Isabelle at Life With Isabelle
Mary at A Mary Road
Dee at DeeHive Delights